I wanted to reach out to our Legal Aid community and share how we are responding during the COVID-19 outbreak.
As you know, these are confusing, anxiety-filled, and uncertain times for all of us. But this doesn’t mean the important legal services we provide have stopped. We remain dedicated to helping individuals and families during this crisis. Our services just look a little different.
Here’s what we’re doing:
- Nearly all our staff members are working remotely.
- Individuals who need our assistance can continue to call our offices from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to accept walk-in requests for assistance at this time due to COVID-19 safety concerns.
- Throughout all our offices, we are making additional efforts to clean and disinfect individual work areas and our public spaces.
- We have put together a COVID-19 web page that will be continually updated with specific information/resources for clients, volunteers, etc.
- In the interest of everyone’s health and well-being during these uncertain times, our 2020 Justice for All Luncheon has been cancelled. (It will return in 2021.)
We are more concerned than ever for the well-being of the individuals and communities we serve. So we are closely monitoring events as they develop, and will continue to fight for our clients to ensure they receive critical benefits and protection throughout this health emergency.
As always, we thank you for your support and your commitment to justice for all. We’ll get through this together—and keep you updated along the way.