At Legal Aid, the safety and well-being of our staff, volunteers, clients, and visitors remains our top priority. We have been monitoring the evolving situation surrounding coronavirus (COVID-19), and want to provide this update on our response to the emergency.
As you know, experts suggest all of us—no matter our age or health—practice “social distancing” to play our part in slowing the virus.
Here’s how we are responding:
- Our clients depend on us and we do not see the need to suspend intakes or close our offices at this time. However until further notice, our office will be closed to the general public, including walk-in clients.
- Throughout all our offices, we are making additional efforts to clean and disinfect individual work areas and our public spaces.
- If you need assistance, please call the Legal Aid office serving your county. If we are unable to answer your call please leave a message and your call will be returned.
- Staff members are working remotely (from home) when possible or medically necessary.
Please visit our contact page for individual office phone numbers.
Thank you for your understanding during these uncertain times.
To learn more about the virus, including answers to frequently asked questions, visit:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE)
- The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS)
- Resource: Coronavirus Information – Kansas City Health Department
- Resource: PrepareMetroKC – Mid-America Regional Council
- Resource: What you need to know as the Coronavirus hits the Kansas City metro– KCUR
- Resource: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and Kansas City Arts – ArtsKC
- Resource: Kansas City COVID-19 Community Resources – The Beacon
- Resource: Disaster Resources – United Way of Greater Kansas City 2-1-1
- Resource: COVID-19 Relief Resources for Kansas City – Uncover KC